Friday, February 5, 2016 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
ABLE NATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER WEBINAR: ABLE Implementation 2016
Since the passage of the Stephen Beck Jr., Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act in December of 2014 there has been a great deal of progress both at the state and federal levels. This progress includes the passage of over 35 state ABLE related pieces of legislation, the development of proposed rules and regulations, several advanced notices outlining additional guidance, formal direction from the Social Security Administration, and a major amendment to the federal statute.
Given all this exciting progress, the ABLE National Resource Center, with the help of expert panelists, will be hosting a webinar on February 5th at 2pm (Eastern). This webinar aims to highlight the various components of this progress in an effort to better prepare and educated individuals with disabilities and their families, state ABLE administrators, the greater disability advocacy community, and other relevant stakeholders as to the current status of ABLE and what we can expect in the next 12 months. REGISTER NOW!
Moderator: Michael Morris, Executive Director, National Disability Institute
- Chris Rodriguez, Senior Public Policy Advisor, National Disability Institute
- Heather Sachs, Vice President of Advocacy & Public Policy, National Down Syndrome Society
- Ken Brown, Social Security Administration
- Marty Ford, Senior Executive Officer, Public Policy, The Arc
- Stuart Spielman, Senior Policy Advisor and Counsel, Autism Speaks
- William Thompson, Deputy Executive Director, Florida Prepaid College Board
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact James Thayer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, 21 January, 2016