Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
WEBINAR: #ABLEtoSave Series: ABLE Eligibility and Interplay with Public Benefits
August 2017 is #ABLEtoSave month, a nationwide awareness campaign led by the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) to provide information about Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) accounts, which are a new financial savings tool for individuals with disabilities. ANRC would like to invite potential ABLE participants, their families, the financial community and all other ABLE stakeholders, to attend a free webinar on Wednesday August 9, from 2:00 – 3:00 EST, focusing on ABLE Eligibility and Interplay with Public Benefits.
ABLE accounts are now available across the country for qualified individuals with disabilities to save money without jeopardizing their eligibility for public benefits. This webinar will discuss the criteria for eligibility for an ABLE account. It will also address the impact of ABLE accounts on public means-tested benefits such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid.
The webinar will be moderated by Chris Rodriguez, Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and will include a panel of ABLE related stakeholders and experts, including:
- Marty Ford, Senior Executive Officer, Public Policy, Arc of the United States
- Kathleen McGrath, Former Pennsylvania State ABLE Program Director
The webinar will debunk common ABLE-related misconceptions related to:
- Who is eligible to open an ABLE account and how is eligibility proven?
- How does the Social Security Administration regard assets in an ABLE account for purposes of eligibility and payments?
- How are Medicaid benefits impacted by ABLE accounts?
- What is the Medicaid “payback” provision in the ABLE Act?
- How are other means-tested federal benefits impacted by ABLE accounts?
- How are means-tested state benefits impacted by ABLE accounts?
REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR
Thursday, 03 August, 2017