Please join National Disability Institute (NDI), the LEAD Center and Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) on April 18, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET, for the webinar: Advancing Financial Literacy for Individuals with Disabilities
To commemorate Financial Capability Month, and learn more about the challenges and opportunities to address the needs of Americans with disabilities to become more financially capable, please join us on April 18th for presentations and discussions with representatives from federal agencies, financial regulators, and leaders in the disability community.
People can join the event either in-person in Washington, D.C. or watch a live webinar remotely.
April is National Financial Capability Month. It is a time for public and private sector organizations to work together to improve the knowledge and skills of all Americans with and without disabilities to make more informed financial decisions, better manage their financial lives, set financial goals, build and preserve assets, reduce economic vulnerability and improve economic security.
Participants will learn about:
Register for the in-person event in Washington, D.C.
- The consumer protections provided by MSRB rules for ABLE tax-advantaged savings accounts
- New materials from the FDIC to build financial capability for adults with disabilities
- Favorable tax benefits for people with disabilities from the IRS
- Financial literacy requirements in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) from the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- The challenges and opportunities to improve financial capability and inclusion for individuals across the spectrum of disabilities from disability leaders
Register for the live webinar and join remotely