Real Economic Impact (REI) Network
National Disability Institute's Real Economic Impact (REI) Network is a national alliance of organizations and individuals dedicated to building inclusive communities that support the economic advancement of people with disabilities. With thousands of members across America, the REI Network includes non-profits, community tax coalitions, asset development organizations, financial education initiatives, corporations and private-sector businesses, federal, state and local governments and agencies, and individuals with disabilities and their families. These members are all joining forces to embrace, promote and pursue access to and inclusion of people with disabilities in the economic mainstream.
As part of the REI Network, members have access to the latest information, policy insights as well as tools and trainings across the full spectrum of National Disability Institutes expertise and initiatives to promote the economic advancement of all people with disabilities. Key focus areas include:
Real Economic Impact (REI) Network Member
An REI Network Member is an individual who supports the economic advancement of people with disabilities. A member shares the same vision that persons with disabilities can and want to work, and save and build assets. Membership in the REI Network is free. Join today!
As an REI Network Member, you will have access to:
- Training, technical assistance, support and resources provided by NDI to the REI Network. These include:
- Monthly webinar series with experts on disability and financial well-being issues
- E-learning courses
- Fact sheets
- Training materials
- The REI Network Monthly E-Newsletter highlights the latest tools and resources to build the financial well-being of persons with disabilities.
- Washington Insider Monthly Newsletter highlighting key federal policy news that impacts the financial futures and economic empowerment of all people with disabilities. The Washington Insider tracks legislative and policy initiatives gaining momentum on Capitol Hill, specifically in the areas of taxation, asset building and economic development.
- One-on-one technical assistance with a dedicated team of training and technical assistance experts.
- Professional networking opportunities.
Real Economic Impact (REI) Network Partner
An REI Network Partner is an organization that supports the economic advancement of people with disabilities. A Partner shares the same vision that persons with disabilities can and want to work, and save and build assets. Membership for Partners is free. Register your organization today.*
To become an REI Network Partner, an organization agrees to the following:
- Complete an annual survey.
- Promote one or more financial well-being strategies (free tax preparation/myfreetaxes.com, financial education such as budgeting, credit repair, banking workshops or another asset building strategy).
- For non-disability organizations, Partners agree to include disability awareness training for staff and/or include the disability community in outreach efforts such as VITA outreach or financial coaching program.
As an REI Network Partner, organizations receive:
- Staff access to the same benefits as the REI Network Member.
- Official certificate stating that your organization is an REI Network Partner.
- Use of logo on organization website designating REI Network Partner.
- Organization's name placed on NDI’s REI Network webpage.
- Organization highlighted in REI Network newsletter.
- Partnership opportunities in various NDI programs, grants and demonstration projects.
- Access to newsletter articles.
*Note: To become an approved partner of National Disability Institute's REI Network, you must be a manager/director or authorized to approve your organization’s request to be identified as an REI Network Partner.